What Is Video Marketing?
How Video Marketing Is The New Video Marketing; Video is the fastest growing form of content marketing. And that's not surprising: our brain processes images faster than text.
People like video because it comes in nicely. Marketers because it is an attractive, versatile, and extremely divisible medium.
What Can You Expect This Year In The Field Of The Video?
I take a look at several exciting video trends, and immediately give you some tips on how you can apply the patterns yourself. Video is immiscible in content marketing!
What Is A Video Marketing Strategy?
It is a strategy to use videos so that you achieve specific goals. For most entrepreneurs, the goal will be: to get more customers and more revenue.
As the word “strategy” already indicates, it is a plan to achieve something.
If you make such a plan, take the following tips and tricks into account.
Talk The Language Of Your Audience
Video has turned into a natural language with its own principles and laws.
A standout among the most important guidelines is that you should talk about the style of your outside group.
What video content do they use?
How can you help them?
What do they find motivating?
Your to need to ace that language? Your need to join the right content in your video.
How Long Can A Video Take?
Two minutes is a fundamental point in most analyzes, in many investigations, yet don't be put off: as a brand, you can create both short and long recordings.
The decision relies upon the subject, the inclusion of the outside group, and the medium on which the video is advertised.
Both a top to bottom report without anyone else media condition and a short video or six seconds via web-based networking media can carry out their responsibility.
What Can Your Expect This Year In The Field Of The Video?
Perhaps you immediately think of an expensive investment with video. Something that costs a lot of time and money, and therefore has to see as many people as possible.
I think that in 2019 we will not only use “massive” videos but more “1-to-1” videos.
For example, you can send potential customers a short personal video, fully tailor coaching videos to the recipient, thank new customers, or keep colleagues informed internally via 1-on-1 video.
- These videos should not be perfect. Take them for example with a telephone
- Keep in mind audio, light, and proper framing
- Make it extra personal by mentioning a name
- For example, use Hubspot to send video via e-mail and track openings
Make A Series
Make a series with a recognizable video style. The opening, the video style and the presenter should preferably be the same.
Provide valuable information. Prevent viewers from dropping out. Make comprehensible videos.
Decide what you want to achieve with that series.
Make each video so that you can view it separately from the rest of the videos in the series, but that they also form one whole.
As an independent entrepreneur you are the face of your company.
Let yourself see and hear in the video.
Do not hide yourself behind a spoken or animated video. By presenting yourself in the video, you create much more confidence than you don't.
Call To Action
A video without a call to action is a video with no return. So keep the viewer “on the line” to prevent him / her from doing anything else than you want.
With a “call to action” you give the viewer a sequel to your video. You reach the next step on the way to the top. You decide how many steps your ladder consists of.
Your can make your ladder so short that in a call to action you can call on the viewer to purchase a certain product.
Apply the “call to action” correctly, otherwise you have a good chance that your action will not be followed up.
Distribute The Videos On Social Media
Of course the videos you make must be viewed. After all, no viewers is not a result of your video.
Distribute your videos on social media where your target group can be found.
This is usually the social media that you already use. By (also) publishing / hosting your videos on YouTube you increase the chance of new viewers and therefore new customers.
What Is A Video Marketing Campaign?
A video marketing campaign is a series of videos that you use for your company to get more customers.
The videos have a clear purpose and are tailored to your target group.
The campaign also determines how and via which social media channels the videos are used.
Strategy And Vision
A good strategy is essential. The strategy includes the following questions / components:
- What do you want to achieve with the video marketing campaign?
- Who is your target group?
- In what way are you currently connected to your target group?
- Which product or service do you want to promote?
- Where do you want to use the videos: on your website, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc?
- How are you going to promote your video on social media? Which parties or advisers do you involve in your campaign, or do you want to do it all by yourself?
- What will be the appearance / background of your video?
- How is the video set up?
- What kind of video will it be?
- What is the budget and what do you want for this as a result?
So a lot of questions. After all, a campaign requires attention, vision and strategy. After all, it has to deliver something.
How Do I Promote My Video Marketing?
These three points are the take aways of the previous blog post that you should definitely remember:
- Determine the purpose of your video well in advance & think about what you want users to do after seeing your video,
- Develop the concept of your video together with creatives and online specialists,
- Analyze & edit your video in YouTube for optimum results.
Of course you can only start analyzing when you have had views. So we address the question “Which channels can we used to promote the video and generate views”.
Much is written about media strategy and approach. A handy division into media that I like to use is Paid, Owned and Earned.
It gives the advertiser a better picture of which media channels he controls himself and for what he pays and through which he receives positive (word of mouth) advertising. With the latter, I naturally form on all social media.
But do not immediately expect an increase in sales. Think in terms of attainable mini conversions.
Think in small steps through which you can build a relationship with your target audience. Some examples:
- Subscription to your YouTube Channel,
- Registration for your newsletter,
- Become a fan of your Facebook page
- Opening a test account,
Don't run too fast. It is not because someone likes your video that they will run straight to the store to buy your product.
You can of course promote your video through various channels and below I describe the options.
Owned media therefore basically includes all channels where you as an advertiser have 100% control over the content. In this case we will talk about your website / blog and your YouTube channel. But how do you use this optimally? A few tips:
Tip 1 – Your (YouTube) channel is your banner
Make sure that you leave a good first impression with users on a user channel. Make sure that:
- You have a custom background and your profile information is fully entered
- Your videos may be organized in different themes (features playlists),
- You can link to other (YouTube) channels, website or social profiles.
It is important to know that YouTube applies a principle of channel authority and that the above factors indirectly impact inbound links, likes and comments in addition to the relevance and quality of your videos.
Tip 2 – Optimize your video material (video SEO)
Just like with traditional search engine optimization, YouTube analyzes the relevance of your video for the user.
So it is very important that you reach the right audience.
Factors such as number of views, but especially time watched, are important factors that influence the ranking of your video & determine whether your video appears in the list of recommended videos.
The assignment is therefore to attract the right audience and to fascinate them with your content. So focus on the user and optimize your video using the following elements:
- Title: Integrate your most important keyword in the title of the video with a clear call to action.
- It is advisable to do keyword research in the concept phase to get an idea of the topics and words that are frequently searched for that are relevant to your video!
- Descriptions: Provide a good copy that describes what the user can expect and add a clear call 2 action to convince him to click. If the expectation is not met, the user will drop out with all the consequences that entails.
- Annotations: handy to use in the video itself to indicate the moment you are going to talk about a certain topic in your video. So gives a possibility to process extra keywords,
- Transcript: often overlooked but very handy. The transcript offers the possibility to integrate the full text of the video.
- Tags: it is recommended to process up to 10 tags that are representative of the content. Base them on keyword research.
To make your video rank faster, it is advisable to optimize these basic elements when uploading your video.
However, it is not a guarantee of success because you depend on the level of competition on the keywords and the other ranking factors that YouTube uses.
Tip 3 – Use your own website and / or blog and allow embedding.
YouTube also looks at inbound links on the video in the ranking factors for your video.
This is, just like with traditional search engine optimization, an indicator of relevance and has an effect on channel authority.
It is therefore advisable to make a link from your website or blog to the video or to allow third parties to include their site (embed). Also include your videos in a video sitemap!
This is a good way to get your video distributed and counts as a good indicator of the quality and relevance of your video.
Websites will only record a video if they really see added value for their visitors.
The views that are generated on an external site are included in the general view count. So keep a close eye on the traffic sources of your video in YouTube Analytic!
Tip 4 – Build up volume with the help of video advertising
Since views and time watched are an important indicator for ranking your video in Google, it is also worth considering promoting your video using video advertising within YouTube.
This way you can generate more volume on your video in the short term.
YouTube offers two different ways to advertise. Based on reservation or via Adwords for video. How you purchase the campaign and which formats you use best depends on your goal.
Reservation based purchase has the advantage that you more or less have a guarantee on the volume of people that you can reach depending on your target group criteria.
The disadvantage of this way of advertising is that, for example, the preroll format is not stoppable and that you pay on a CPM basis.
Mastheads on the homepage of YouTube offer a lot of possibilities for creativity and really put your video in the spotlight.
Advertising with AdWords for video has the great advantage that the campaign can managed and optimized.
Another big advantage is that you only pay for real views based on a cost per view. The disadvantage is that you obviously have no guarantee of visibility. This is determined your bid strategy within the Google auction system.
During the duration of your campaign you also best analyze the contribution of the used ad formats in order to further optimize your campaign results.
For more details about the different formats, pros, cons and best practices, we refer you to the “YouTube Best Practices and Insights” presentation presented at Bloovi Event Search University 2013:
Tip 5 – Use your social media profiles
YouTube registers the sources through which people view your video material and a large distribution means a greater reach.
And where credit is due, if your video is tasted, it will be liked and shared.
But make sure you are prepared for all scenarios, both negative and positive, and monitor your statistics and possibly social media. Sometimes the ball rolls differently like you.
Why Is Video Marketing Important?
Because the benefits don't lie.
- Explain complex products or services better and faster
- Use videos as a manual for customers.
- Make your company more personal with authentic videos.
- Use videos for StoryTelling and Content Marketing.
- And … videos increase confidence and thereby stimulate sales.
But that is not the only thing.
More reasons why Online Video Marketing works?
Yes, there are more reasons why you should not ignore this.
I have listed it for you.
The facts, the figures. And what else online video marketing delivers:
- People stay on a website longer – also good for Google's position
- The conversion gets a boost – quite important in the process from lead to customer
- The find ability increases – not wrong to get leads anyway
There are of course many more video trends to spot than we have described above. In my opinion, these are the largest for the coming year.
The fact that video is becoming more important is also evident from the fact that Google makes videos easier to find.
A few years ago a photo was even easier to find than a video. This is no longer the case today.
Video is always and everywhere.
It makes our work more relevant and we make more people happy.
The last thing I want to share is what you as an organization will do in the field of video marketing in 2019: make a plan.