Divi WordPress Template – More Than a Theme!!
How Much To Win As A Divi Affiliate,
Divi from Elegant Themes is one of the most popular premium WordPress themes of this moment.
Before you start creating a WordPress website, you must choose from one of the many WordPress templates.
In addition to a good template, there are many themes that we would not use instead, and our customers will advise not to use
Some models (with Visual Composer for example) are anything but user-friendly, and other templates are poorly programmed/coded.
A template that we are delighted with is the Divi WordPress template. The Divi Page Builder gives you the option to build advanced pages without having to write the code yourself.
Do you want to do more yourself with your WordPress website? Then use Divi!
What is Divi, And What Can You Do With It?
Elegant Themes have developed the Divi WordPress template.
The template is very flexible and specially made for the Divi Page Builder. The Divi Page Builder is an extension of the WordPress content management system that allows you to enter and format pages better.
The Divi WordPress template is not very special, but it is specially optimized for the Divi Page Builder.
The Page Builder can also be used with other WordPress themes, but there is a good chance that you will have to change the style yourself using CSS so that it matches your chosen template.
When You Can And Cannot Use The Divi WordPress Template
For the more experienced WordPress user, Divi (the WordPress template or the page builder) is recommended.
In the beginning, it will take some time to figure out how to enter a page, but after that, it is possible to place a page quickly and adequately.
Divi works best when you use the functions as they have been developed.
If you want more, your web builder can expand or adjust the modules. Another option is, of course, to have a template developed according to your wishes.
The Divi Page Builder can also be used within a custom template.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Divi Page Builder
As we said before, the Divi WordPress template itself is not very special.
The Divi Page Builder makes it possible to create beautiful, more advanced responsive pages.
When you place a page with the standard WordPress Editor, you have few options.
With shortcodes, you can add some items to the page, but shortcodes are often not particularly flexible, and they also do not have a user interface with which you can easily edit articles.
The Divi Page Builder works on the same principle as other page builders (for example Visual Composer, Page Builder by SiteOrigin, Beaver Builder, etc.), but an advantage is that the Divi Page Builder requires fewer libraries and thus achieves a faster loading time.
Below I show you an overview of the most important advantages and disadvantages of Divi.
- Examples are available for almost every type of page. For example, for creating a landing page, portfolio, contact page, and more. This has the advantage that you also learn faster how Divi works.
- No problems with delay. A disadvantage of many page builders is that it takes a lot of time to load an element that you want to edit. A page usually consists of several factors, and this extra loading time can take a long time before you have finally created a website. The Divi Page Builder has much less delay and therefore works very well.
- Layouts for your pages can be saved. If you use a standard format for your pages, you can keep its design in the library. A new page is then created in no time. Also, you can choose from the standard page layouts of Divi itself.
- While setting up each module, you have a Real-time review. After you have added a module to your section, you can immediately check what it looks like at the front. So you don't have to save the page first to view the changes.
- Experienced users can set each module separately using CSS functions. Not only the content of an item can be changed, but also the background, the font, etc. Besides, you even have the option to change the function using CSS completely.
- Optimized modules For different sections. You can naturally change the layout. In addition to articles with 1 to 4 columns, you can also insert full width or individual parts. This provides a lot of flexibility.
- With more than 250,000 Divi users, you might think that every website looks the same. However, this is not the case . With Divi, it is even straightforward to create very different sites.
- For example, look at the websites that we have created with Divi. The websites of final websites.com (English version) and Tekstory are both built with the Divi WordPress template, but still, look different in terms of design.
- The design of some elements is not very special. The social media buttons or the call to action form, for example, are not particularly advanced. With Divi, you have enough options to create a beautiful and functional website, but at times, you need to be extra creative.
- It is not possible to repeatedly switch between the standard WordPress mode and the Divi mode. If you do this, the entire page will be lost. If you want to change the text on a page, you will have to do this in the Divi text module.
- The standard layout sometimes has distances that are too large. When you start a new website project, you must correct it again and again.
- There is no manual available for developers. If you want to implement a significant change, you will first have to investigate this yourself. There is no separate manual available with information about modifying or writing modules. The different CSS classes for the elements or the responsive grid are currently unavailable.
How Does The Divi Builder Work?
It is effortless to use Divi Builder to create a page; we show you how to enter the Blurb module. Above you will find an example of the result and the steps that have been taken.
First, choose the pages you want to edit or create a new page. You then decide to use the Divi build-up function.
An empty standard section will appear on the new page. Under the standard part, you could add a new standard part.
There is a row in the section to which you can add the various elements. In the row, you can choose from the number of columns by clicking on it.
Choose three columns if you want three elements next to each other.
Click the plus sign to insert a module. Here you have different options, but we opt for the blurb.
Then a popup appears with the settings, including the title, image, and text. Then click on save & exit.
The first blurb has been placed! You can also add other items to your pages in the same way.
At Last, the library of content elements available is impressive:
Divi 3.0: The Future Of WYSIWYG
Building a page with the Divi Builder was already very easy but since autumn 2018. What are the benefits of the new front end builder in Divi 3.0?
You can immediately see what the changes will look like. Via the backend developer, you must first save the changes before you can view them.
Each element can be changed completely. All settings that are available in the back end can also be opened at the front, so you don't have to go back to the back end first to make small adjustments.
The Visual Builder works incredibly fast
Short or even no loading time.
Text can also be easily changed on the page itself. Click on the line and start typing.
Page elements can be enlarged and moved with the mouse. Organizing a page has never been easier.
Benefit from responsive editing. The size of the page can be changed so that you can also see how the page looks on your mobile and tablet.
At final websites, we find the new Divi 3.0 functions very time-saving!
How Much Does The Divi Theme Cost?
You can get the Divi WordPress template (incl. Page-builder) at Elegant themes for $89 a year.
For this, you also receive the other templates and technical support (via the forum), but no extra WordPress plugins.
If you use WordPress hosting at final websites, you can not only use the Divi WordPress template for free, but also the other plugins and models of Elegant themes, including Monarch, Bloom, and more.
Do I Have To Use Divi Forever?
Before you start a website with the Divi Builder, it is essential to know that switching to a website without the Divi Builder is not easy.
The moment you remove Divi from your website, the Divi shortcodes will continue to exist and will not be translated by WordPress into the various theme elements.
It is possible to remove the shortcodes, but that is too complicated, and you still have to rebuild your pages.
Of course, you can change the WordPress template, as long as you keep using the Divi Builder (the style of some elements will probably have to be changed).
This may seem like a disadvantage, but when you like Divi, your website can last for years with Divi!
At the time I wrote this review, Divi was the page builder for many websites that we then built. With the rise of Elementor,
Divi is no longer the only choice, and more and more sites with Ocean WP and Elementor are being constructed.
Is Divi less good now?
No, Divi always gets five stars.
With the Divi Builder 3.0, Elegant Themes has delivered a beautiful front-end editor.
Indeed, in combination with their own Divi theme, you can very quickly put together beautiful pages because the elements are already very nicely designed by default.
For people who are visually oriented, the Visual Builder offers a beautiful experience, although you have to give yourself the time to get used to the minimalist interface.
I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have any questions about this Divi Theme of want to leave your OWN personal, review leave a comment below.